- Thank you for putting up my ridiculousness and your frankly heroic beta-ing skills. I love you and cherish you.
- You are fantastic, and knowledgeable, and one of my favorite people in fandom. *many hugs*
- Ferns of many kinds, hellebore, oak twigs, holly in a carved wooden vase. The arrangement of a shamaness, who questions and considers. An advocate for the feminine from Nerdanel to Estelindë (a very memorable OFC). Moving from the ancient to the contemporary with ease. Here's a goblet of mead in offering.
- Even though we don’t talk like we used to, I still try to keep in touch and am interested in how you are. Brilliant writer who has excellent taste in both music and wine.
- I’m so happy that your life is moving in new and exciting directions! Huzzah!
- I hope someday we will get together over a glass of wine. You pick. :)
- You’re my oldest friend from the old days and I miss you bunches. You’re more fun than a barrel of monkeys! (Get your butt back to LJ once in
- You give orcs a better name than they deserve!!!
- I really enjoy writing with you and hope to continue. I will update more often!
- Dear friend, I so enjoy sharing our lives, our late-night chats. I am thrilled and humbled that you write me your wonderful stories, for me alone. You are brilliant and wonderful. For Valentine’s Day I’m sending you a purple cloak, a cup of hot chocolate, an airgun for the squirrels and sheep, a ladder that you can’t fall off, peace of mind, a pumpkin pie, and a bouquet of lilacs. Many hugs!
- Hey. Miss you when you're not around.
- I'm so glad you decided to write female Sauron!
- A true renaissance woman. I admire you in so many ways.
- Your flair and bright spirit always lifts me up after a difficult day. Thank you for all you do!
- You are such an intellectual, girlfriend. I love talking about food and music and writing with you. You are just so affectionate too!
- I appreciate your reviews of my fics and that you pop in occasionally to comment on LJ and check on how I’m doing. Best wishes for a better year.
- You are the living example of faith, love, & charity.
- just plain and simply one of the nicest people I know, online or off. You're kind and wise and loving and very special.
- Sweet, funny, generous, kind and has excellent taste in shoes.
- You are the best penguin friend I’ve ever known! I love it when we waddle around together and eat lots of fish and shop for shiny things!
- Thank you for sharing your linguistic skills over many years now, for your encouragement and friendship. I love hearing about your adorable kids.
- Thank you for your comments on the LC. I’ve enjoyed your skill at writing and your Haldir/Aragorn story. Would love to see more fics from you.
- The work you do, the way you deal with pain and disappointment - I have so much respect for you. Just wish you were still writing too.
- *hugs* Happy Valentine's day, Dark. Your optimism and kindness even in the face of all you've had to deal with is really inspiring. Enjoy this day with your special someone!
- really like you and am glad we've got to know one another.
- Happy Valentine's day, Mel.
- You're one of my newer friends, but I really enjoy your viewpoint of life. I look forward to many more exchanges throughout the next year.
- You are one of the grand dames of the fandom, and one of the nicest people I know. Love you, Auntie Min!
- I love your strength, compassion and wicked sense of humour. A new post from you always brightens my day.
- I hope you have a fantastic Valentine's - you are a sweet, caring woman with a naughty streak. And you made me love your 'Dan. Thank you!
- You have left an indelible impression on this fandom, even though a Min-spotting is as rare as an Elf-spotting these days!
- what can I say about my dear, sweet Min. Lovely woman, wonderful sense of humor, and a long term supporter of my writing and indeed pretty much everything I do. Thank you, sweet Min.
- you're warm, empathetic, intelligent, kind, funny, a really good writer who doesn't write enough at the moment, a wonderful friend.
- You are one tough cookie. You have more strength than you think
- Oh my! Just keep them coming. I may sometimes run out of breath trying to keep up with your production--but in a thoroughly good way!
- You are nothing if not versatile. I really hope you become a published writer so the whole world can enjoy you.
- you were and continue to be so kind to me. You're so warm and welcoming, I adore you so much! I want to be like you when I grow up. <333
- You make me laugh really hard, and you write great fic.
mooms and govi20
- You two go together like peanut butter and jam, milk and cookies, Aragorn and Boromir. In short, you're noble, honourable, kind and delightful women whom I couldn't be more thrilled to know, both together and separately.
- You are the ultimate Legolas continuity girl! I love your comments – they always make me smile and our discussions about nursery pudding recipes. I am so pleased that you are my friend.
- You are a super Aragorn writer and person. Your Ranger stories make my day.
- You make me laugh really hard, and you write great fic.
- Thank-you for your amazing Chasing Mirages. I hope that you will write again soon
- You’re a true Renaissance woman and an incredible writer. I admire you so much.
- You give great concrit!
- Generous. The word keeps coming up for me. I am surrounded by generous, brilliant people in this fandom.
- You are such a wonderful friend and I admire you so much. You are so kind, brilliant, funny, talented, and generous, so caring. We work so well together, even anticipating each others’ sentences sometimes. Jinx! LOL. You write beautifully and it was such an honor betaing your stories. And I can’t tell you how helpful you’ve been to me both as a beta for my writing endeavors and in helping me get through my trials of this past year. I hope I can be an equal help to you in tough times ahead. Thank you too for creating the 10 year LJ gift. What a surprise
and delight! I adore you back. As a Valentine gift I’m sending you Hermione’s watch so you can stop time and get all the stuff done that you try to cram into a day, and most especially so I can see how Legolas and Beleg and Durthir make out. Er, that didn’t come out quite right. Warm hugs!
- We don't interact all that often, but I want you to know that I respect and admire you. And you make me smile!
- Even though we know each other for a short time, I have come to know you as a very strong and capable person whose wisdom and support means a lot to me. Thank you!
- Fiery poppies, crimson pomegranate flowers, yellow lantana, orange Valencia roses, all in a blacker-than-black vase. My comrade in complex villainy whose humor and razor-sharp mind are treasured. Unflinching critic and friend, and I do not use the "f" word lightly. Who else would dare to write...J. Robert Oppenheimer/Edward Teller slash? Who, I ask you?
- One of the kindest, funniest, and most brilliant people I know. You are stronger than you can imagine.
- Sweet, sweet lady who needs to stop getting sick. ;) Very talented, and needs a pastor who can fully appreciate her worth and service to the church. Lots of fun and a joy to talk with.
- Big hugs to a special friend.
- I love that you are so sweet and funny and at the same time can be naughty with a wicked sense of humor.
- You’re simply a great friend to have and you bring so much fun and sisterhood to my life.
- just because you are very, very, very sweet and loved.
- You look so young! And you are so musically talented!
- I swear, one day we will do a hug in real life. For now I will continue to send virtual hugs, chicken soup, a naughty Erestor and barrels of zen. <3
- Dear Patty, you have the kindest heart. I miss your sweet little Aragorn stories. Love you to bits.
- You are such a sweet person.
- I love your photography!
- You are such a kind spirit! I am so glad to have met you here!
- Your involvement in fandom is greatly missed. It’s always so much fun to chat with you. Happy Valentine’s Day.
- I do not know you very well but I always love reading your comments – they make me smile :D
- Thank-you for your work, which has broken boundaries with such panache.
- You're who I want to be when I grow up.
- Brilliant, funny, ironic, and also profoundly generous.
- You are an inspiration and a role model to me.
- You are one of the smartest, funniest, most interesting people I know, you write mind-blowingly brilliant fic, and I'd love to meet you in person some day.
- Smart, funny, insightful, incisive, creative...damn, woman! You’re the whole package!
- You bring a scientist’s knowledge and perception as well as your skill in writing and sense of humor to the fandom. I know RL has made it tough this past year to find time to write your unique pandëverse, which I miss, but I always enjoy your comments and contributions whenever you can wrest some time.
- You're so versatile and interesting, there is always something in your journal to amuse or inform or make me think. I like your cartoons, they are my kind of humour, and I love the variety of your fiction.
- Your enthusiasm and optimism is an inspiration to me. A post from you always brightens my day.
- You are always helping others, and I admire that in you.
- I love your cheerful, upbeat sense of humour, even when you have nothing to laugh about. Your optimistic outlook is an inspiration for everybody. I am so pleased that we are friends.
- Good friend, good writer, good graphics maker…what can’t she do? She’s good at everything, it seems. She’s even a good travel buddy. ;) Big hugs, since I know she’s been through a rough last few weeks.
- I know the last few weeks have been rough on you. But you are strong and will pull through. Boo will watch over you and you will take in a new kitten soul whose life will be better because of you
- Thank you for always being there for me. Your friendship means so much to me. Love you.
- I admire your independence!
- *hugs tight* You're a lovely person, I appreciate you and I hope you have a really good day.
- Your positive attitude and enthusiasm for life are always inspiring and fun!
- not sure what to say here. you're determined, practical and kind. we have a good solid frienship that's stood the test, and it means a lot to me.
- When I really needed a friend you were there for me. You threw me a lifeline and in the process have become someone whose friendship I really cherish.
- you're a lovely writer, good friend, wonderful, determined mother, a multifaceted person with a whole range of talents.
- Smart, insightful, talented.
- The queen of pom-poms! Thank you for your generous encouragement and sharing tales of your heartwarming family. I think you're an amazing mother and a completely lovely lady.
- Thanks for all the work you have put into the swap this year and your organizational moxy. You rock!
- Charming, helpful, kind, unflappable... Have I reached 1,200 words yet? It's always a pleasure to chat with you via email. I love your upbeat attitude.
- your stories always make me smile. I love the way you draw your characters.
- you're generous, kind, thoughtful, responsible, a wonderful friend, an interesting writer with a warm touch, and I love the way you'll ask questions and make up your own mind about things rather than follow the
- Thank you for running the Slashy Valentine swap. It’s a real labor of love.
- I am not sure if you hear it often, but I do appreciate everything you do for the fandom, its writers and what free time you do have so willingly offer to your friends. I am so grateful that I got to know you!
- kenazfiction and red_lasbelin, I just want to thank both of you for doing both Slashy Santas for the fandom every year. We do all appreciate the work you do!
- I love your enthusiasm and encouragement.